Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day Two

Today was the second day of Gloria's workshop. I did a bit of homework last night in order to start quilting this morning. That meant I had to add more tiles to the sky including cutting more (much more) fabric.
So this is where I was at just before lunch:
Just 2 lines of stitching on each tile - take took at least 2.5 hours!
It doesn't look as if I did much in the afternoon either!
Hills have been added, after I painted the fabric. I'm not sure if you can see, but the little hill on the left has some hand stitching (french knots). It was on a piece that didn't make it into another project - but the colour was good and it adds a bit of interest.
I still have the foreground and points of interest to do - hopefully in the not too distant future!
I finished my sewing group (Quilty Pleasures) quilt challenge. We are having a reveal on Sunday afternoon over tea and cakes.
I can only show you the block. Each piece of fabric was cut at 6.5" x 3.5", so all you needed was a 10" square to get the 4 pieces.

No comments: