Thursday, April 5, 2012

Library Refurbishment - We're Almost Done!

Sorry I didn't get to post yesterday. By the time I got home (it was dark and I hadn't fed the chickens) I was pretty pooped. But I did get a photo of the teal painted wall:
Actually I think it is the same colour as my kitchen! Funny that :)
Today help arrived from town (Palmerston North City Library) and with extra hands for an hour or so, loads of books got on the shelves and they are mostly in the correct order.
At the end of the day we had a little celebration and thank you for some of the people who have helped - here's Jo being the perfect hostess:
There are a few of us working tomorrow, even though it is a holiday (Easter Friday), but it means that if everything is finished; books tidied, floor vacuumed, windows cleaned, painting finished and the last of the shelves put together with the extra stored away, we can relax and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
We have borrowed a couple of sofas and with the central area carpeted like a fashion runway it looks so beautiful! There has been a suggestion that we could hold movie evenings - I think I will have to do some research and pull a few strings of my own to loan out some suitable DVDs - ANZAC Day is coming up and there must be something suitable :)
So, after tomorrow I hope to be able to take some panoramic photos to show you the new and classy Linton Community Library!

No comments: