Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Your Creative January

So, have you had a creative January?
It doesn't need to be a lot every day, because just like a journey - it starts with a small step!
My creative colleague Lynette has a great piece about Finding Time. So read it here. What Lynette says about using time creatively is so true - it's like having your sewing machine threaded up. You can sew lots in 5 minutes (this is another of Lynette's gems, which I now abide by).
Here is my first piece to add to my S.I.X. challenge. The headlines are Mod Podged just like the postage stamps, onto the fabric.
I collected the words from headlines out of a week's worth of newspapers. I'm not sure yet how I will quilt it - either simply or symbolically - will probably add some paint too!

February - still the shortest month even though we have an extra day - starts tomorrow.
What have you got planned to be creative?

1 comment:

Lynette (NZ) said...

Thanks for the shout out. Looks like you are fitting lots in :-)