Sunday, January 8, 2012

Number Two Is Finished

Once at my sewing machine, it was head down and get quilting! When the block was finished I started the old habit of procrastinating - playing with something else, you know, anything to put off finishing something - why IS that?
Stern words were said to myself (no flaying of the back with a whip though) and I set to to square off all 4 blocks to the same size, triple zig-zagged them together, then cut the sashing for both front and back - these have been put together just like a quilt-as-you-go.
Number 2 of the S.I.X. challenges finished - even overlocked around the outside edges:
Here is a close-up of the last block - I tried really hard not to think too much about it, but have to admit to changing the colours to suit the other blocks more. It is supposed to be organic, so you can read whatever you wish into it (if you must). It doesn't really have any meaning to me, because I just wanted to put something down randomly on the white, then have fun with some hand-stitching.
I used some of the threads from the Oliver Twists range by Jean Oliver (U.K.). I really love Jean's selections, but the hanks have to be carefully unwound, then each of the threads re-wound onto spools, otherwise you end up with huge big tangles, tears of frustration and wishing you could just cut out the knots.

4 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful! You must be very pleased with it. :)

Erilyn said...

Thank you! It's better than expected :)

Toni said...

These are just great, I really love your work!

Erilyn said...

Thanks Toni - you are very kind!