Monday, December 19, 2011

It's Starting to Feel Like Christmas

Thank goodness! I was afraid I'd lost my Christmas mojo. But this past weekend I made some Christmas fruit mince pies:
Mmmm! Yummy!
I have another Christmas cake in the oven tonight which is going to fill the house with lovely spicy smells - the first one I forgot about when I was multi-tasking, and it's rather dry (I think that it may have to be reworked into something else).
I have enjoyed turning on the lights every night (thanks to Santa's elves for putting them up) and here are a couple of decorations that have survived the years:
Snowman candle on the dining buffet
This is about as much snow as we'll have - according to the weather forecasters - sun for the next 10 days and very little wind on Sunday - yay! 
This is a hand painted glass bauble I bought at Harrods (London) on my first visit (1986 I think). It's one of those things that continually amazes me how it has survived this long.
Last day of work tomorrow. The library has been pretty busy and now that I'm the only one there, I am really looking forward to some home time with family and not having to worry about managing everything work-wise with reduced hours and staff.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

No comments: