Sunday, June 19, 2011

That P Word!

Yes! Procrastination!
I know that I haven't really been in the right head space, but I've loaded up with protein and the brain is functioning a little better. So I've started on the Transformation Challenge from Leah Day. I haven't yet registered but I figured that since I've had the photo and painted the background fabric and had it on the design wall for at least 2 months - I needed to actually start the quilt before registering.
Well today I made this:
Pattern pinned on layers of organza
Stitching on the back
Front view
Finished piece
 - layers of organza and burning with a soldering iron.
Does it look like what it is supposed to, do you think? Let me know what you think!

Thanks to Yvonne Brown (UK) for teaching me this.

And, I've started drawing out the other shape ready for painting. Now I haven't been really committed to working hard out on it today, but it is a start!
Keep in touch to see how the work progresses!

No comments: