Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trying Out Camera Lens'

I was playing around with a new macro lens. The cactus dahlias are looking lovely right now, so they seemed to be an obvious choice.
What do you think of this?
I think I'll have to make another 'quilt' as in the Alice's Wonderland in is my Garden series.
I bought a hank of chenille thread (it may need to be darkened a little) from Dianne to make the stamens and pistils with various knots.
And just to be extra lucky, I managed to get some shots of a visitor.
When this photo is enlarged to fill up the computer screen you can see how engorged the butterfly's veins are - so beautiful!

2 comments:

tizart said...

I think you should make some inchies to photograph, that would be a good way to try out your micro lens!!!!!!

Lynette (NZ) said...

Fabulous shots - gorgeous colours and details....definitely want to see the resulting quilt