Monday, January 24, 2011

A Long Weekend

Today is Wellington Anniversary Day, which we 'celebrate' here in the Manawatu (not having our own anniversary day). Well the weekend has not been very nice weather-wise, so we have been able to do some relaxing reading and more de-cluttering.
I have finally finished a table-runner which I started last year to give as a wedding present - it's late now, but a fun, eclectic present:
New Zealand fabrics - it measures 55 inches long x 13 inches wide. The center square is quilted with a circular feather wreath, the strips are stitched either side of the seams (approximately 1/4 inch).
Sorted out my quilt photo album - I made (finished) 15 quilts, 3 table-runners and the 30 pieces for the S.I.X. exhibition - phew! tired just looking at it all.
This year is another year of finishing UFO quilts :-)

No comments: