Monday, May 3, 2010

My Visitor Is Going Home

I have been very lucky to have Judy Coates Perez from Chicago, Il. staying with me. She left today to start the journey home. While she was here she was introduced to Chloe, the chooks, the sheep, (Casper wanted to go home with her), an hedgehog and a friend's alpacas.
I also partook in her Mixed Media Fabric Painting workshop yesterday with 24 other women - we had a blast!
Here is my work (not yet finished until the quilting is done!):
Firstly we glued pictures on to white cotton:

then we got really happy with paint (Pebeo Setacolor):

and after that had all dried and been heat treated we painted the background - mine doesn't have enough contrast so I will have to play with more paint or threads:

Thanks for a fun class Judy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a blast too and I miss you all already!