Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Belated Happy New Year To You All!

It's been an absolutely beautiful day in Palmerston North today (and yesterday as well). Sun, warm temperatures and no wind! Such an unusual occurrence that it was the most talked about thing in town today.
Here are photos of my flower baskets which I planted late because of the wind. With the warmer weather and the rain they are coming along.
Here are the first flowers on our pohutakawa tree. It has been knocked back by frosts (they are frost sensitive when young) and the sheep having a nibble, but seems to be getting established at long last.
I have been busy getting books and DVD's ready for Rose City Quilter' first meeting of the year, and also working on a baby quilt - it's almost finished so a photo of that will go up soon.

2 comments:

Faye said...

and a happy new year to you guys. We have tried to call you a couple of times but no reply so we are wondering if you are away. Hope you are all well and enjoying life. Give us a call, would be nice to catch up. Your not going to believe this but I have actually started on your red book page. I've done nothing pretty much through 2009 but starting to get back into creating.
Love Faye and Mike

Unknown said...

Oh my God but I MISS sunshine... we're only just barely seeing the tips of our daffodils!