Friday, April 10, 2009

WooHoo! In The With The Winners!

I don't mean to blow my own trumpet - well, who else will? - but I won a merit award with one of my entries in the New Zealand Mail challenge, for Quilt Symposium. By no means it's not perfect by quilter's standards - but then, a quilter wasn't judging this challenge! And, I don't even have a photo with me to post with this! Never mind, I used actual stamps, line and form, and just 2 borders complementing the colours of the stamps.
On the other hand, it was also fantastic meeting up with fellow quilters I haven't seen for a while and have made friends with at other occasions. Roll on, the rest of the weekend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, E! that is fabulous news! Can't wait to see the quilt :)

Erilyn said...

Hey Kirsty, good to hear from you - such fun meeting up with everyone, including Lynne Edwards who stayed with me last time!. Going to look at the exhibitions tomorrow.

Amy said...

Congratulations. I saw the quilts yesterday and an looking forward to seeing a photo of the winning one.