Friday, April 3, 2009

Tote & Gloat Challenge

The Tote & Gloat Quilt Challenge this year is Go Green. Here are some teasers from 2 of my finished entries (I may have another one if I sort things out and work hard, but chance will be a fine thing, too).
This is the corner of an old handkerchief I found in my MIL's glory box. It was really too thin to be used for wiping one's nose, but here it has been given new life and a chance to show off my quilting skills!
The second one has a photo of my dearly beloved with a camel - in the background is a C130 aircraft, so I've played on the Defence Force going green by considering using camels as a means for transporting troops - this is a segment of the 'newspaper' report. You will need to click on the photo to be able to read the report.
I printed the 'article' onto fine silk-like paper that had Vliesofix on the back, put it through the printer, allowed it to dry, then ironed/stitched it on to the quilted background. This is just a humorous piece of work.

No comments: