Friday, November 28, 2008

Another Competition Entry


This is a portion of my entry into the inaugural quilt competition by APQ (Australian Patchwork and Quilting) magazine. The theme was "Fantasy" and I chose to do a wholecloth quilt with Icarus as the central image. I 'painted' his body and the wings with tea and the shadows are emphasised with coffee. Over the top of the wings, which are stitched in the feather stitch, I glued glitter - unfortunately it shows up here as blue, but that is the shine from the flash. It is hours of quilting but I have the entry posted off in plenty of time, thank goodness! Now to the next project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Erilyn, this teaser looks great. Hope it does well. Looks like you have quilted it well.

Erilyn said...

Thanks Rhonda - it's all quilted, just a bit of 'painting' of the central figure!