Sunday, February 24, 2008

Karen Eckmeier's Workshop

How exciting! Dianne Southey rang me on Wednesday evening to ask if I wanted to go to Karen's 'Happy Villages' workshop - well I had put my name down and was a little disappointed that I hadn't been successful in the ballot. Here was a fantastic opportunity to attend an overseas tutor's workshop for just $20.00! I wasn't completely ready (didn't have colours chosen and cut out, but did have a bag of fabric to choose from), but had help from great mates at the workshop. I really wanted to do an Italian village - colours of the houses in Manarola. So here are some pictures of what I worked with:

a bit more of the shapes added,





and after Karen had sorted out my windows, doors, steps and bridges, and I had added trees, shrubs and flowers - all ready now for sewing:

No comments: