Monday, January 14, 2008

An Update

OK it's time to set the record straight! People have been saying that I'm now a lady of leisure because I'm not in paid employment! Wouldn't that be something, just to lie around reading great books, eating all kinds of sweetmeats, pastries and fruit or whatever takes your fancy.
But no, I haven't blogged for 10 days because I've been busy with all kinds of things. Alas, nothing is finished yet for the photos.
Still the front door got repainted. It was looking dull and uninviting, but now is a shiny dark Karaka Green. Even the inside has had a coat of paint, and today I need to go to the paint shop to get some more Orange Scent, because we have never painted the interior of the front door! I have also stripped the dark varnish off an old 3 shelf bookcase, which is ideal for DVDs, and given that an undercoat and one top coat Orange Scent. This is so it kind of fades into the background - we don't really need another piece of furniture in the lounge that makes a "Here I am" statement - it will be too much mish-mash.
I have finished stripping the varnish off the dining room buffet and given every piece a thorough sanding. I need to stain it next before re-varnishing, but I'm a bit nervous about the staining because it has to be the correct darkness.
So, photos will be up soon when they are finished.
I have also spent 4.5 hours quilting a friend's quilt for them and 6 hours mowing the grass where the vegetable garden is supposed to be. You will be amazed when you see the before and after photos, but don't hold your breath, that's a "Have To" job which I try to do a little of each day!

No comments: